Domains, Hosting and VPS Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 5 November 2018
The Terms & Conditions listed on this page, along with our General Terms & Conditions, acts as the Agreement in which Intellihost will provide hosting services to the Client, and together acts as the Agreement in which both parties will do business.
By requesting of Intellihost to render hosting services to the Client, the Client agrees that it has read, understood and agrees to the Terms & Conditions and that our relationship within the context of the Services with be governed by this Agreement
- 1.1 - Unless the context clearly indicates to the contrary, any term defined in the General Terms will, when used in these Specific Terms, bear the same meaning as defined in the General Terms.
- 1.2 - Intellihost, as a member of the ISPA, upholds the ISPA Code of Conduct which can be viewed at https://ispa.org.za/code-of-conduct/
- 1.3 - Intellihost will take all possible measures to ensure that we can offer, maintain and support the Service to you, however, we offer no warranty that the Services are always available, error-free, updated and reliable. The Service is thus offered to the Client “as is” and “as available” and the Client accepts that using our Services is at their own risk.
- 1.4 - Intellihost reserves the right to suspend or terminate any hosting account where it is found that the Client is in breach of either the Hosting Specific Terms, General Terms, Acceptable Use Policy or any other Policy linked to this Agreement.
2. Use at Own Risk
- 2.1 - The Client agrees that the use of Intellihost shared hosting services are VPS’s is at the Client’s sole risk.
- 2.2 - Intellihost will not be held liable for any content or material transmitted by or hosted on the Intellihost Infrastructure by the Client or any 3rd party that may transmit data to or on behalf of the Client. Intellihost does not moderate, monitor or control the content transmitted by the Client.
3. Domain Registration
- 3.1 - Intellihost is an authorised ZACR registrar through whom we register and manage all of our South African based TLD’s (such as co.za, za.net etc). As a registrar of the ZACR we obey by the terms and conditions stipulated to us as part of our Agreement with them.
- 3.2 - Intellihost makes use of international Suppliers for our registration and management of international TLD’s (such as .com, .net) and obey by the Terms and Conditions stipulated by the Supplier in respect to the TLD registered.
- 3.3 - Through our domain registration Suppliers, we offer TLD’s available to our Clients for registration but do not make any guarantees of the availability, costs or renewal fees associated with such domain names.
- 3.4 - By registering any domain name with Intellihost, the Client is bound to the Terms and Conditions outlined by such a TLD registrar and should familiarise themselves with such Terms and Conditions. Such Terms & Conditions will form part of the Terms & Conditions and this Agreement.
- 3.5 - Domain Names are registered on a “first come first serve” basis and for that reason Intellihost cannot be held liable for not being able to register a selected or requested domain name that may have already been registered, even in the event where the domain name was still unregistered at the time of the order.
- 3.6 - Intellihost offers no guarantee on the timeframe required to have a domain name populated across the required DNS servers to start making us of a domain name. These timeframes can take up to 3 working days to fully propagate across the globe and the Client cannot keep Intellihost responsible for any timeframes or any losses as a result of not being able to use a domain name in any given period.
- 3.7 - The Client will fully be liable for the cost of registration and the subsequently renewal fees of Domain Names registered. If a Client fails to pay either, Intellihost reserves the right to suspend or ultimately request for the deletion of such a Domain Name. Intellihost will not be held liable for any damages or losses as a result of any downtime as a result of non-payment for domain registration or the Clients inability to reregister a domain name that has been suspended and / or subsequently deleted.
- 3.8 - By registering a domain name, the Client understands that it is purely leasing the domain name for the period in which the domain name is paid and that under no circumstances will the Client ever “own” the domain name.
- 3.9 - Registration fees generally give a Client access to such a domain name for a period of 12 months unless explicitly purchased or renewed for a longer period of time.
- 3.10 - All domain names registered will be registered in the Clients Name as the registrant and Intellihost will remain the authorative contact as the registrar, billing and technical contact. It is the Clients responsibly to provide Intellihost with the correct registrant information, which includes the name of the legal entity and correct contact details.
- 3.11 - Once a domain name is registered Intellihost cannot change the name so it remains the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the name they have requested for registration is correct in both spelling, syntax and according to availability. The Client will be held liable for costs of registration regardless of whether they want to use the domain name and any corrections of a domain name will incur further costs of registering another domain name. In all cases the Client will be held liable for the costs of such registrations.
- 3.12 - The Client indemnifies Intellihost against any loss or damage that Intellihost may arise from the registration or usage by the Client of a Domain Name.
- 3.13 - When a domain name contact details are updated, the domain will for 5 days be in a “pending update” state which means that during that time no further changes can be made to the domain name. This includes updating contact details and nameservers. The Client cannot keep Intellihost liable for any damages or losses that may occur as a result of the 5-day waiting period.
4. Free Domain Registration
- 4.1 - Intellihost fully reserves the right, at its own discretion, to offer free co.za domain names with the signup of a shared hosting service with Intellihost.
- 4.2 - For the Client to be entitled to a free co.za domain name registration, they will have to retain their business with Intellihost for at least 6 months. In the event where a Client wishes to either cancel or transfer their domain away from Intellihost within the first 6 months, they will be liable for the full domain registration fee as per our current domain registration pricing for that particular TLD. Intellihost will only accept the transfer request once the Client has paid in full the outstanding amount signed to their account.
- 4.3 - Intellihost reserves the right to waiver the free domain registration policy in the event where a Client has in the past abused our free registration policy by cancelling or transferring away a domain name within the first 6 months period.
- 4.4 - Intellihost only offers free domain registration for co.za domain names along with the setup of any shared hosting service. No other TLD’s will form part of our free domain registration policy and the Client will fully be liable for all registration costs if the Client goes ahead and requests the registration of any other TLD other than co.za.
5. Domain Transfers
- 5.1 - Intellihost will transfer domain names from other services providers to our network on the basis that the Client has the necessary authority to request for the associated domain name to be transferred away from the current registrar. The Client fully indemnifies Intellihost from any action in relations to the domain name transfer request or the sub sequential transfer to our network.
- 5.2 - Intellihost will not move or transfer a domain name away within the first 5 days of registration as the domain will be in a “pending update” status with the registrar. The Client can request for the transfer away from Intellihost any time after this period providing all outstanding invoices have been settled.
6. Domain Renewals
- 6.1 - Domain Names are generally renewed annually. Intellihost will provide the Client communications 60 days before the renewal date that a domain name they are the registrant of is up for renewal.
- 6.2 - Domain Renewals are automatic and generally does not require any manual intervention by Intellihost or the Client. The Client agrees that their domain names will automatically be renewed unless the Client explicitly request for a cancellation or termination of the domain name within 30 days after receiving their domain renewal notice.
- 6.3 - The Client agrees to any fees associated with the renewal of the domain name. Such fees are generally the same as the registration fees but may vary depending on the selected TLD.
- 6.4 - Some TLD’s offer a discount on registration. The Client understands that the fee paid for the registration may not be the same on renewal.
7. Domain Cancellations
- 7.1 - Intellihost will not cancel a domain name away within the first 5 days of registration as the domain will be in a “pending update” status with the registrar. The Client can request for the cancellation of the domain name from Intellihost any time after this period providing all outstanding invoices have been settled.
- 7.2 - The Client understands that the result of cancellation of a domain name will mean the domain name will become available for registration by another person.
8. Payment Default of the Domain Services
If you fail to pay us any cost or charge relating to the registration, renewal, update, change, or administration of any Domain Name, we may:
- 8.1 - Exercise a lien (right to withhold) over the Domain Name until the relevant cost or charge has been paid.
- 8.2 - Obtain or allow the suspension, termination, or deletion of the Domain Name or
- 8.3 - transfer the Domain Name to another Registrant.
9. Liability for Registration and Use of Domain Names
- 9.1 - It is the Clients responsibility to ensure that by requesting Intellihost to either registrar or transfer a domain name on behalf of the Client, that such a domain name does not have any conflicts or disputes in relation to copyright, trademarks or Intellectual Property where the Client does not have the necessary authority within such a space. Intellihost assumes that if the Client has requested for the registration of a domain name, that the Client has the necessary authority to do so. The Client thus fully indemnifies Intellihost from any disputes that may as a result of the usage of a domain name.
- 9.2 - Intellihost during registration of a domain name must furnish a minimum set of personal information (considered as the registrant information) which may be held on public record as the registrar of a domain name. The Client cannot keep Intellihost liable for the infringement or privacy or for disclosing information about the Client that may be held on public record as a result of registering or maintaining a domain name on behalf of the Client.
- 9.3 - The Client indemnifies Intellihost by warranting that the use or registration of the Domain Name by a Client does not interfere with nor infringe the rights of any third party in any jurisdiction with respect to trademark, service mark, tradename, company name, close corporation name, copyright nor any other intellectual property right, and that Client has the right to use the Domain Name as requested.
- 9.4 - In the event where Intellihost has been made aware of a dispute about the rights of using a particular domain name as requested and registered by the Client, Intellihost will provide the accusing entity the necessary contact details and all further communications and obligations will remain that of the Client.
- 9.5 - If it is found that the domain name does infringe on any rights of an external party, Intellihost may be lawfully required to transfer such a domain name to the entity wo whom the domain names rights belong to. Intellihost will inform the Client if we’re requested to fulfil such an obligation and such an obligation may be fulfilled without any compensation towards to the Client.
10. Content and Data
- 10.1 - Intellihost has no interest in any content or data hosted by the Client on the Intellihost Infrastructure, providing the content does not infringe on any policy or condition stipulated within this Agreement or by Law. Apart from general monitoring, Intellihost does not monitor the actual content per client transmitted to our Infrastructure, and for that reason offers no involvement or responsibility for any content or data the Client transmits or Stores on our Infrastructure.
- 10.2 - The Client cannot keep Intellihost liable for any loss, destruction or corruption of data, irrespective of this cause, including our negligence, your failure to back up your data, deletion of data by Intellihost after the Service has been terminated or any System error or failure whether foreseen or unforeseen.
11. Shared Hosting Services
- 11.1 - Although Intellihost warrants that we’ve got the necessary equipment and resources to fulfil the hosting requirements of the Client, we offer such Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and offers no warranty on the availability of such services.
- 11.2 - Intellihost makes use of cPanel on our shared hosting services that is a collection of software packages that ultimately allows for the Client to host a website and make use of other services like email, FTP etc. For this reason, Intellihost does not offer any warranty that our services will run error-free or without interruption and any new features launched by cPanel or any associated 3rd party plugin we may make use of is at the discretion of the publishers and Suppliers.
- 11.3 - In an attempt to ensure our services are always operational, Intellihost may perform regular software updates of our shared hosting services which may lead to downtime as a result of rebooting our hosts. Intellihost cannot be held liable for any downtime as a result of such upgrades and maintenance to our shared hosting services.
- 11.4 - Intellihost offers no guarantee that there will not be any conflicts between current and existing software on our servers and the website or associated services hosted by the Client. If an upgrade on our servers were performed that leads to any functionality not working on the Clients website, Intellihost will not be held liable for the repair, upgrade or update of the Clients website and the Client fully indemnifies Intellihost from action as a result of downtime or malfunction of a Clients website.
- 11.5 - Intellihost will not offer any warranty, support or liability for any software, scripts, packages or any executable program the Client uses in conjunction with the Service. Such liability always remains that of the Client.
- 11.6 - Intellihost offers it’s shared hosting services on the premise that the Client will make use of such services exclusively for hosting a website along with reasonable mailing services for small teams. Intellihost does not offer our shared hosting facilities to Clients for enterprise purposes or any reason including mailing facilities for medium to large enterprises that require 100% uptime and availability, hosting systems or services that require high demand or resources or making use of our services for sharing or warehousing files, whether the Client has the authority and rights to such files or not. Intellihost reserves the right to suggest alternative solutions to the Client which would better suite their needs and may give notice to such Clients to move their services to other platforms.
- 11.7 - Intellihost reserves the right to move any hosting package between different servers and different datacentres, providing such datacentres reside within the Republic of South Africa, at our own discretion and as deemed necessary.
- 11.8 - The Client fully indemnifies Intellihost against any action as a result of the Client making use of Intellihost shared hosting facilities for whatever reason, including the transmission and storing of data on our services.
- 11.9 - Intellihost implements hourly mail limits to ensure that all Clients on the cPanel managed servers have equal and fair availability to mail services. These limits ensure that a single client cannot consume and interrupt other clients from being able to send or receive their emails. Intellihost does not offer mail services for bulk mail transmissions on a regular basis.
12. Cloud Hosting (Virtual Private Servers)
- 12.1 - Intellihost offers Virtual Private Servers (VPS’s) to Clients that are setup at and hosted at our Johannesburg Datacentre. Intellihost solely manages the cloud environment on which we host the VPS’s of our Clients making use of Citrix Xenserver as the Hypervisor for our VPS’s.
- 12.2 - Xenserver requires regular updates that may require for the physical servers (hosts) to be rebooted in order for such updates to take place. Intellihost attempts to minimize such downtime by limiting maintenance window periods to times Intellihost deems as non-business critical periods (such as over weekends). The Client fully indemnifies Intellihost from action as a result of downtime due to hardware or software upgrades taking place in our cloud environment or selected hosts on which a VPS may be hosted for a Client.
- 12.3 - Intellihost will perform basic setup of all VPS’s for the Client as per the Agreed upon setup between Intellihost and the Client, however, Intellihost offers no further management of the VPS other than the physical health monitoring of the VPS and the underlying infrastructure. The Client is solely responsible for the maintenance, Operating System Updates, backup and overall health of the VPS and cannot keep Intellihost liable for any damages, losses of any kind as a result of not properly managing the VPS or associated packages.
- 12.4 - Intellihost will not be held responsible for the Client’s use of any software on the VPS provisioned for the Client. The use of any software on the VPS is at the risk of the Client.
- 12.5 - Intellihost makes use of Xenserver Integrated Tools to monitor the VPS which will be installed on the VPS during setup. Intellihost reserves the right to suspend or shutdown the VPS if the Client tampers or removes these packages from the VPS.
- 12.6 - In the event where a Client has access to the management interface to provision their own VPS’s in our Cloud Network, Intellihost strictly prohibits the creation of nested VPS’s or running any other hypervisor on top of our existing Xenserver hypervisor. If a Client is found to attempt in doing so, Intellihost reserves the right to suspend, shutdown both the nested hypervisors and all associated VM’s within such a hypervisor.
- 12.7 - Intellihost reserves the right to move a VPS between servers and datacentres at our own discretion provided that the new or destination host resides within South Africa.
- 12.8 - Intellihost offers no backups of VPS’s and the Client is solely responsible for the data hosted within their Intellihost managed VPS’s. The Client indemnifies Intellihost from any action in the event of loss of data or any downtime associated with the recovery of a VM in the event of hardware failure.
- 12.9 - In the event where it is found that a Client’s VPS is found to be either the target or source of any form of attack, such as Denial of Service Attack, Intellihost reserves the right to suspend, shutdown or disconnect the VPS from our network until such attack has been cleared.
13. Backups and Client Data on Intellihost Infrastructure
- 13.1 - The Client is ultimately responsible for all of its data regardless whether the data is on its own device or hosted on Intellihost Infrastructure, regardless whether it is on our shared hosting platform or VPS. Intellihost strongly encourages the Client to make regular backups of all data associated with their services with Intellihost, including emails, website files, databases any whatever other data the Client deems as important, even if the Client believes that the data that resides on the Intellihost Infrastructure is backed up. Intelihost will not be held liable for any damages or loss of data of the Client hosted or that resides on our servers, even if such a loss was at a direct cause of Intellihost or an Intellihost team member.
- 13.2 - Intellihost offers the ability to make a full account backup and download such backups from within cPanel, or take on a separate backup plan with Intellihost that will back up a VPS and its associated data on a regular basis, and the Client is required to make regular backups and store such backups at their own premises to ensure they can recover in the event of failure of Intellihost Servers.
- 13.3 - Intellihost may make regular backups of our shared hosting facilities and that of the Client, but cannot offer any warranty on the availability, completeness or the status of such backups.
- 13.4 - In the event where a Client recovers data from backups, Intellihost will not be held liable for the recovery process or any error that may occur as a result of such data recovery. This includes but are not limited to accidentally deletion or overwriting of files, emails and databases that may result in a website not working, missing data or any other negative impact towards the Client as a result of this action.
14. Email & Webmail
- 14.1 - All email facilities offered by Intellihost is on an “as is” and “as available and Intellihost offers no warranty that mailing facilities will be available at all times and error free.
- 14.2 - Intellihost does not offer any warranty or support for any mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook or any program that connects to our mail servers to download and transmit emails. Intellihost will attempt in assisting with the setup and support of such Clients, but such support should not be considered as part of the actual product offering offered by Intellihost.
- 14.3 - Intellihost does not implement or have a system that would implement any kind of email archiving on behalf of a Client. The responsibility of regular backups and archiving of emails are solely that of the Client.
- 14.4 - If a Client makes use of a program (like Microsoft Outlook) to download mails from our server to their Client, the Client understands that after such emails has been moved from our server to the desired location Intellihost has no further copies of such emails and Intellihost will not be held liable for any loss related to such a matter.
- 14.5 - Intellihost offers 3 types of email management between the client’s device and our server:
- 14.5.1 - POP: Should the Client choose to use POP, the Client understands that once the emails are downloaded in Outlook or similar, they will no longer be on our server, so in the event of damage, theft or similar to the Clients device, without regular backups, the Client will most likely lose all of their emails as a result of such occurrences. POP, when used with Outlook on Windows, will save the emails in a local database file with an .PST extension. Some mail clients have the option to save emails on the server for a x period of time, but this will only save items in the inbox and all sent items or other folders will not be stored. The Client fully understands these conditions and Agrees to not keep Intellihost liable for any loss of emails as a result of using a 3rd party program like Outlook to manage their mails with Intellihost
- 14.5.2 - IMAP: Should the Client choose to use IMAP; their device will synchronise all emails between the device and our mail servers. Essentially, whatever is on the server will be on the device which further allows the client to setup their mailboxes on different devices. If a device were to be stolen the client would be able to recover emails as they are saved on our server. If anything were to happen to the actual mail server, especially related to storage or damage that cannot be recovered, the client would most likely not be able to recover their emails as the mail server would not have that storage and would essentially delete the emails from the local device. The only way to guarantee to avoid such a scenario is to make regular exports of your entire mailbox in Outlook to a PST file and safeguard such PST files either with an offsite backup solution. The Client understands this condition fully remove any liability from Intellihost in the event of any email or data loss.
- 14.5.3 - Webmail: Intellihost, as a 3rd option, offers shared hosting clients a webmail facility which requires the email address and a password for the mailbox. The webmail facility can be accessed from anywhere in the world on a device with an active internet connection. This facility is free but requires for the client to be diligent in remembering their credentials and to safeguard such credentials as if someone has their password would be able to access their emails as well. Intellihost offers this webmail facility without warranty and the software and availability and features are as setup and provided by cPanel. Intellihost webmail facility makes use of IMAP to connect to your mailbox and carries the same condition as above under IMAP
- 14.6 - The Client agrees that, irrespective of which technology they use to view and manage their email services hosted by Intellihost, the responsibility of regular backups is that of the Client and that it cannot keep Intellihost liable for any loss or damage as a result of data loss, server failure, downtime or the Clients ability or inability to use our mail services.
- 14.7 - Intellihost offers assistance in setting up email addresses and with configuration of such addresses. Any advice given during this process should be considered as our best attempt at best practice and our willingness to assist the Client and not be seen as part of our service offering or as independent consultancy where all the Client’s needs were kept in consideration. The Client fully indemnifies Intellihost from being reprimanded based on advice given to the Client in relation to their email facilities where such device may have led to damage or loss on the Clients side.
15. Spam / Virus Filtering
- 15.1 - Intellihost implements various spam filters and controls that attempts to scan incoming and outgoing emails for SPAM and other malicious content, however, offers no warranty that such implementations will be able to accurately detect any malicious content. The Client should ensure that they have digital security software like Anti-Virus programs on their PC to scan all incoming and outgoing emails and fully indemnifies Intellihost from any action where malicious content was received on their local PC through the Intellihost Infrastructure by email.
- 15.2 - Intellihost cannot warrant that any anti-spam implementation would not incorrectly flag legitimate emails as SPAM and subsequently not deliver such emails or move such emails to a spam filter. The Client cannot keep Intellihost responsible for such actions and fully indemnifies Intellihost from action as a result of such processes.
16. 3rd party packages and Plugins
- 16.1 - Intellihost makes use of a variety of 3rd party packages, systems and expansions on our shared hosting facilities and VPS’s. By making use of such packages, the Client agrees that by using those packages they may also contain additional Terms and Conditions that will form part of the Agreement.
- 16.2 - The Client fully indemnifies Intellihost from any action against us as a result of using a 3rd party plugin, system or program we install and make available to Clients when using their Intellihost services.
- 16.3 - The Client agrees that Intellihost cannot be held responsible for 3rd party plugins that does not work as desired, are faulty or not working. Intellihost offers such packages on a “as is” basis.
- 16.4 - Intellihost does not offer any form of support on free 3rd party packages, plugins or software. Any support Intellihost offers is at the discretion of Intellihost and should not be considered as part of the sale or service offering offered within this Agreement.
17. Retention of Rights
- 17.1 - Data transmitted and stored by the Client on Intellihost Infrastructure is the sole ownership of the Client and Intellihost holds no claim to any Intellectual Property or data the Client hosts on our Infrastructure.
18. IP Addresses
- 18.1 - Intellihost offers IP addresses, either private or public, to Clients on a “as needed” basis as an additional addon on either their shared server or VPS service with Intellihost. Such IP addresses are offered on a rental basis only and the Client has no direct ownership of such an IP address.
- 18.2 - If the Client cancels their IP address or underlying service associated to the IP address, the IP address will be returned to the available IP pool and may be rented out to other Clients. Intellihost can under no circumstances guarantee the availability of an IP address or a specific IP address.
- 19.1 - Cancellation will be dealt with as per the General Terms and Conditions.
- 19.2 - Upon Cancellation notice by either Client or Intellihost, the Client is requested to transfer, move or remove all associated data on the Intellihost server. If the Client intends to move their services to a new service provider, the move of such data is at the sole responsibility of the Client and Intellihost will not assist in moving data from our Infrastructure to another provider.
- 19.3 - Upon Cancellation and Termination of Services, Intellihost will permanently remove all Client data from our Infrastructure. The Client is solely responsible for ensuring that backups are made of web content and email data, or any other data stored on their hosting space. Intellihost will not be liable for loss of data, or be obliged to provide any such data once the hosting contract term has expired. Any backups made by Intellihost will be made for legal purposes and not for data retention purposes and will not necessarily be made available to Clients on request.
20. Disclaimers, Limitations and Indemnities
- 20.1 - Intellihost will not be liable for any loss or damage, interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits), regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, delict, or otherwise which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use and/or registration of the Client's selected domain names/s OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY INTELLIHOST IN RESPONSE TO THE ABUSE OF THE DOMAIN REGISTRATION SERVICES WHICH IT OFFERS.
- 20.2 - The Client hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Intellihost against any loss whatsoever arising from any dispute or claim or other action occasioned by the Client's use and registration of its selected Domain Name, even if Intellihost has been advised of the possibility of such damages;
- 20.3 - Intellihost will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, irrespective of how such damage or loss was caused, whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise, including, and not limited to, data loss or corruption, loss of profits, contracts, operation time and goodwill.
- 20.4 - Neither Intellihost, its employees, affiliates, agents, third party information providers, merchants, licensers or the like, warrant that Intellihost’ s Server service will not be interrupted or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Server service or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through the Intellihost Server service, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement.
- 20.5 - Intellihost specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising as a consequence of such unavailability.
- 20.6 - Intellihost is not responsible if an external company network and firewall is setup to block access to services Intellihost provides. If a Client's network is setup to block certain ports or web addresses that compromise the services Intellihost provides it is the Client's responsibility to ensure that their network configurations are changed as necessary.
- 20.7 - Clients also hereby indemnify Intellihost against any 3rd party claims against themselves as resellers or services provided to the public or privately. Clients will be solely liable to external parties for losses and may, in no way, petition Intellihost to share or cover such losses or liability, either directly or indirectly. Intellihost is also indemnified from direct claims from Clients for losses incurred due to 3rd party actions or claims.
21. Domain Resellers
By Making use of the Domains Manager hosted at https://domains.intelli.host, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
- 21.1 - Resellers fully manage their own accounts. It is up to the Reseller to ensure that they have a full understanding of how the Domains Manager works and that they have the neccesary know-how on how to manage their domains using the Domains Manager.
- 21.2 - Intellihost does not manage any of a Reseller's domains. This includes the registration, management, renewals and services like account management and ensuring you have enough credit. All of these are managed by the Reseller themselves.
- 21.3 - Resellers must ensure they have enough credit at all times to avoid issues with renewal and registration of domains. Resellers understand that if you do not have enough credit to renew a domain, the domain may be suspended and ultimately deleted.
- 21.4 - Resellers must closely follow all emails and alerts sent to them from the Domains Manager, which will include domains up to renewal, autorenew statuses etc.
- 21.5 - The Domains Manager by default sets autorenew of domains to false. If the domain is important to you (or your client), Resellers understand that they should make use of the Auto Renew option which will automatically renew the domain upon renewal date. If autorenew is disabled, and the registration period lapses, the domain will automatically be set to pending deletion by the registrar.
- 21.6 - Resellers must at all times use the correct contact name and details for domain names registered for your clients. Under no circumstances may a Reseller use their own information, including email address, as the registrant of a domain name, unless you register the domain name for yourself. Intellihost reserves the right to suspend and ultimatley terminate a Reseller from our Domains Manager if it is found that resellers use their own information as registrant when registering a domain name for their clients.
- 21.7 - Intellihost does not automatically top up reseller accounts. The Intellihost Domains Manager works entirely on a prepaid system where a Reseller can either make use of our credit card payment facility or alternatively contact your Account Manager to load credit added to your next Intellihost account.
- 21.8 - Resellers must closely follow and ensure that they keep their Intellihost Domains Manager credentials secret.